Aldar Announces Finalists Of “Manassah 2.0” Retail Entrepreneurship Programme
• Initiative developed to enable further innovation in Abu Dhabi’s retail sector
• 12 finalists selected from 260 entries, including six tech start-ups and six traditional retail concepts
• Winners will receive incentives worth up to AED 1 million
Abu Dhabi – UAE, 27 June 2021: Aldar Properties (‘Aldar’) has announced that it has selected twelve finalists for the second edition of its Manassah entrepreneurship programme – a six-month incubator aimed at nurturing talent and advancing retail concepts in the GCC. The latest edition received 260 entries from UAE, GCC and international start-ups; more than double the number of entries received in Manassah 1.0. Manassah was created in line with Aldar’s innovation strategy and aims to develop entrepreneurial talent and concepts. Held in partnership with startAD, the Abu Dhabi-based accelerator, powered by Tamkeen and anchored at NYU Abu Dhabi (NYUAD), the programme offers finalists a range of opportunities to develop their concepts and build up the skills needed to successfully operate and scale their start-ups.Training and mentorship are being provided by top local and global entrepreneurship, retail, and tech experts. Financial contributions worth up to AED 1 million will be awarded to the winners of Manassah 2.0, which will be selected from the twelve finalists:
• iModah: A platform developed in the UAE that uses AI to analyse customer and product data to generate personalised clothing recommendations.
• Footprints: An AI-based marketing platform from Romania that uses behavioural profiling to anticipate consumers’ next moves and improve customer experience.
• DesignHubz: UAE based platform that enhances ecommerce websites, apps and online stores by using augmented reality that allows users to try on clothes virtually.
• Venuex: Based in the UK, Venuex is a platform that brings brick-and-mortar stores online and digitises the shopping experience.
• I Hear You: A UAE founded mobile application that uses a sign language keyboard and 3D character animations to translate text and audio to sign language and vice-versa.
• Situm: A Spanish provider of high precision indoor positioning technology that overcomes limitations of existing indoor navigation systems.
• Jackie’s Kitchen: An American retail concept dedicated to serving authentic Southern American-style food in an urban chic location.
• Padel Box: Founded in the UAE, Padel Box is sport concept facilitating padel tennis, an exciting game that combines squash and tennis.
• A Block: UAE founded coffee shop that actively welcomes pet owners to bring their animals with them.
• Therapie: A new UAE developed lifestyle concept space focused on providing a holistic healing platform and counselling services for the community.
• Bound No. 82: UAE founded store that offers a collection of high-quality home decor pieces that have been made using traditional techniques and sustainable materials.
• Playcation: A UK founded concept with dedicated space for 6–17-year-olds that fosters social interaction and teamwork through game-based learning.